It is done!
Before I start a small review of my work, this project has really made me understand frames and timings and how they translate into what is seen. It took me 3 days work to actually get something I was happy with. I got angry, upset and wanted to give up. Things just weren’t going my way. However, that behind me, I am very pleased with what has come out of this project. I am glad I pushed myself to do it.
Although I feel that the piece could be improved, I’m quite happy with it. It was my first ever attempt at stop motion and I didn’t have any software to help me. After doing this without any software like DragonFrame, I can definitely see the benefits of it. I think my animation would have greatly benefited from something like DragonFrame.
I didn’t quite stick to my story board. While creating the animation I realised I didn’t quite know how to achieve certain techniques and as I found ways to do them, I didn’t quite execute them well enough. This caused me to slightly change what happened during the animation.
One improvement I have had suggested to me was to make the left eye on the Pea Pod stand out more by giving it a white outline. I completely agree with this advice and if I’d had more time I would have done this for the final hand in, however this may be an improvement I do at a later date.
Overall I am happy with what I have produced. I think it’s pretty different to what the rest of the class has done. Although I think some bits need tweaking (mainly problems to do with timing/speed and more frames being needed) I think it’s a cute and tidy animation.
Now to lose all ability to animate over Easter.